Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
June 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Does this article get to folks like it does me?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
costal cat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Does this article get to folks like it does me? Empty
PostSubject: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm

First off thanks for getting another board up I love CarolinaGrowl but it was getting painful. I'm on the road a lot and assumed it was just crappy hotel connections but i see it isn't.

This article goes over the top offense / defense tandems in the NFL
Jake and Beason get mention which is great but Kris Jenkins is in there. Is he really doing that well or am i just tainted because he was such a lousy player then last couple of years for us ??

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-11-12-mvp-ticket_N.htm
Back to top Go down
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:05 pm

I thought Jenkins did okay last year all things considered.
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
JayJ1

JayJ1

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Jenkins is being a beast. When a NT is getting sacks well either he is a monster or playing scrubs all the time. In the NFL the latter is unlikely. We definitely got better by subtraction and he was one of the reasons but he is rejuvenated or something with them or he feels more comfortable play NT. He is still fat but is working hard.
Back to top Go down
costal cat

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:15 pm

I can see both those points.
might be that he would have done better in this more simplified version of the defense they are calling this years. He does not seemed to missed in the locker room for sure
Back to top Go down
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:24 pm

I am always going to feel like his presense and Mint3ers absense really hurt our D last year.
Back to top Go down
JayJ1

JayJ1

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 pm

costal cat wrote:
I can see both those points.
might be that he would have done better in this more simplified version of the defense they are calling this years. He does not seemed to missed in the locker room for sure

Yeah that is true. I think Pep is finally able to come into his own as well with Jenkins and Rucker gone now. I just wished he would have played at this level last year because there is no way you can make me buy that his surrounding cast there is better than what we had.
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:05 pm

As it relates to the Jenkins situation, I have a thought.

I work in downtown Charlotte and often times I will go down to the practice field and have a mid morning biscuit while the team is taking the field. The last couple of years I noticed some things. One....Keyshawn is a "richard". I swear he acted like he was gonna fight me one day.....just cause I looked in his general direction. Sorry....I got sidetracked.

The point was that when taking the field Kris and Pep were as far away from each other as possible. Usually Kris would be one of the first to come out of the lockerroom and Pep would be one of the last. Pep would always be ringed with other defensive players....like they were his bodyguards or entourage.

It's probably nothing, but I got the impression that there was bad blood there. My gut tells me that they may have taken swings at each other at some point. I'm sure to be wrong....but I just got that feeling.
Back to top Go down
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:29 am

lol! at the Johnny Wadd Avy.
Back to top Go down
costal cat

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:56 am

Well i guess we are better off
Point proven though as Jenkins was a beast last night against the pats.
Good insight though maybe that is why Pep felt he could not lead last year maybe Jenkins was point his finger at pep when he called the team out.. Does this article get to folks like it does me? 103445
Back to top Go down
JayJ1

JayJ1

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 10:26 am

Pep said this year that the real reason he could not take over the locker room and lead was due to Rucker he said when he came in Ruck was such a mentor and inspiration to him that he just had to much respect to take over when he was still around.
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Getting back on point a bit.....Yeah I agree, Jenk looked great last night. First time I have sat through a whole Jets game in a while. He looked great as always. I've always been a big fan of his. I just didn't want to stand too close to him.....thought he might eat me. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this article get to folks like it does me?   Does this article get to folks like it does me? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does this article get to folks like it does me?
Page 1 of 1