Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Edwards’ shoulder feels great

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Edwards’ shoulder feels great Empty
PostSubject: Edwards’ shoulder feels great   Edwards’ shoulder feels great EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 pm

January 31
Buffalo News
"Trent Edwards said his shoulder is fine and fans should blame the players more than Dick Jauron for the Buffalo Bills’ struggles in 2008.

Edwards got good news on two fronts in the wake of the Bills’ 7-9 finish. He had several doctors look at his passing shoulder, and said they found nothing unusual about late-season soreness he felt. He also was thrilled the team retained head coach Dick Jauron.

“The shoulder is great,” said Edwards on Friday on a visit to the Super Bowl XLIII headquarters. “I’ve had a lot of rest and recovery. That’s the way my entire body is. It will heal on its own. The swelling has subsided and it’s fine. It was the normal wear and tear from the season.

“There was nothing major. I met with a lot of doctors. Everyone thinks it’s all good and there’s nothing I need to do.”

Edwards repeatedly voiced his support for Jauron last season.

“I’m extremely happy,” Edwards said about the coach’s contract extension. “It’s just frustrating to see all the fingers pointed at him when I feel like the fingers should have been pointed at others. He’s the wrong person to do that to. The players play, the coaches coach, and it ultimately comes down to the players on Sunday performing.

“I specifically could have done a better job. And if you ask that question to the other 52 guys on the team they’d say the exact same thing.”

Given the disappointment in the Bills’ finish — losses in eight of their last 10 games — Edwards was not eager to detail his individual accomplishments in 2008.

But he thinks he gained invaluable experience that will make him better next season.

“We started off so well, then we started not winning games we should have won,” he said. “I’m always my own harshest critic. I’m going to find a way to get better and fix things. There’s a lot of

game experience to build off of. We need to learn from those losses and learn to take something away from that. We need to find ways to take this year’s season and use it to our advantage.”

Overall, Edwards ran a more efficient offense than in 2007. He completed 65.5 percent of his passes with a passer rating of 85.4. Those totals ranked sixth and 17th, respectively, in the NFL. He had six games with a passer rating of better than 90. He improved his average gain per pass attempt from 6.06 yards to 7.22 yards, 11th best in the league.

Those were the pluses. The Bills still were only 25th in yards gained. "
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1