Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Reed one of a kind EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Reed one of a kind

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Reed one of a kind Empty
PostSubject: Reed one of a kind   Reed one of a kind EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Reed one of a kind
January 17
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist Ron cook
"Can we agree on one thing this morning? That the Baltimore Ravens' Ed Reed is a better safety than the Steelers' Troy Polamalu?

Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said it last season. "I personally think [Reed] is the best. I love Troy, and I think he's good, but Ed is really good."

The Ravens said it here this week. "[Polamalu] is a good player, but he's not Ed Reed," wide receiver Derrick Mason said. "Reed is different. Even when he's not covering, he's covering. Even when he's not in the box, he's in the box. I think there are two of those guys out there, two No. 20s. One in the box and one over the top."

Even the always humble Polamalu has acknowledged Reed's edge.

"I've told Ed that. 'You're the best I've seen.' The best ever, in my opinion." • That makes it pretty unanimous.

Earlier in the week, Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan called Ravens 10-time Pro Bowl linebacker Ray Lewis "a once-in-a-lifetime guy," then quickly added: "I'm pretty lucky because I have two of 'em. Ed probably will go down as the greatest free safety in the game."

Short term, the Ravens will settle for Reed making one more splash play than the great Polamalu in the AFC championship game tomorrow night.

Says here that's the only way the Ravens will leave Heinz Field with a win and the biggest of prizes, a trip to Tampa for Super Bowl XLIII.

For the first time, the Ravens' defense showed a little vulnerability last weekend in a 13-10 playoff victory at Tennessee. It was gouged for 391 yards. Titans rookie Chris Johnson ran for 72 yards on 11 carries before leaving with an ankle injury in the second quarter.

Maybe the Titans discovered a tactical flaw that Arians and the Steelers offense can exploit. More likely, it was a combination of the Ravens playing their 17th consecutive game without an open week and the fact that star pass rusher Terrell Suggs (shoulder) and top cornerback Samari Rolle (groin) missed most of the second half.

Rolle isn't expected to play against the Steelers, and Suggs should be limited if he plays at all, but the wearisome Ravens still are planning on showing up, darn it."

Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Reed one of a kind
Page 1 of 1