Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-18

MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles Empty
PostSubject: MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles   MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:38 pm

The following is a post written by Styles at the CarolinaGrowl.

Ken,

What's goin on man? I hope you've enjoyed your week off. I just wanted to drop a line because you were on my mind. In case you haven't heard, we have one of the most prolific pass offenses coming to town on Saturday night. Yes...the Arizona Cardinals will be touching down in the Queen City for a Divisional Playoff game. Their first in like 60 years, and our 1st in like 3....anyways, I'm writing you because frankly...I'm worried about you man.

These last few games you've been picked on a little, well, alot, and I just want to make sure your confidence is in tact and you're ready to play. Us fans remember when you came from Seattle as the high-profile, offseason free-agent pickup and you were an "excellent cover corner w/ shutdown potential," seems like a long time ago. But, like it was said earlier this year, you never really were a part of the team. Kind of distant...like you signed your big money contract and became complacent. You weren't with us for our first Super Bowl run, so maybe you don't know how important this is to us. This isn't about personal stats, player of the month awards, the pro bowl or none of that crap. This is about one thing....that ring.

Say what you want about that "Any Given Sunday" crap, but there is no way some of these sub-par receivers should've had those big games against you down the stretch of the season. Greg Jennings? Antonio Bryant? Dominik Hixon? Who are these guys again? Oh yeah, losers that are, or will be, sitting at home watching you play on TV Saturday and weeks after that. You will be matched up against, probably the most dangerous trio of WRs in the playoffs...should we be worried?

We need some big-time plays from you big guy. Period. Between you, Gamble, Godfrey, Beason, Marshall and Harris we should have like 30 picks this year. BUT, we're in the playoffs so it's not like I'm completely dissatisfied. Show us the Ken Lucas of old, give me multiple INTs, forced fumbles and that weird butt dog barking dance you do. We need that. The city needs that. The team needs that. Fitzgerald, Breaston and (maybe) Boldin are coming to play, and those boys are no slouches. Don't give us anymore reasons to want the team to release you after the season...'cause that's basically what ALOT of people want. They see you as the weak link in the defense, and for these past 4-5 weeks they've been right (along with Aaron Rodgers, Jeff Garcia, Jay Cutler and Drew Brees) --- I can't even try to sugarcoat that one. HOWEVER, I will be the 1st to say that I believe in you, dog. Real Talk. I know you got 3 big games in you, I just hope you dig deep enough into yourself and bring it out.

Show 'em how we do it in Carolina,

Styles

Thanks to Styles for his contribution. See more insightful posts like his at CarolinaGrowl.com
Back to top Go down

MY OPEN LETTER TO KEN LUCAS by Styles
Page 1 of 1