Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs   Cards come up aces, top Falcons in playoffs EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:50 am

January 4 East Valley Tribune

"The last play on their final day of practice every week is as simple as it is uplifting.

Kurt Warner takes the snap from center Lyle Sendlein and kneels on the ball.

So the Cardinals were well-practiced when Warner did just that Saturday afternoon, capping the biggest home win in the franchise's 21 seasons in Arizona.

Warner's kneel-down to close the Cardinals' 30-24 playoff win over the Atlanta Falcons set off a prolonged celebration by fans whose raucous support seemed to hold the Falcons in check as much as the Cardinals did.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt thanked the crowd by taking a memorable victory lap around the field, shaking hands with front-row fans along the way.

"Who knows if we'll get another game at home?" Whisenhunt said. "The chances … are slim.

"The atmosphere at the start of the game was as good as any I've ever been in."

"It was electric," defensive end/linebacker Bertrand Berry said of the atmosphere.

"That's what we needed. The fans did their part.

"We needed every single fan in there screaming. The crowd definitely was the difference for us on the defensive side. … It definitely disrupted their rhythm."

On the field, the Cardinals may have crossed up the Falcons a bit with an attack far more balanced than has usually been the case.

Even though their running game has been close to nonexistent at times this season, the Cardinals could read the stat sheet that said the Falcons had given up 4.9 yards a carry this season (one of the league's worst in that category).

Veteran Edgerrin James, probably playing his last home game for the Cardinals, charged right at the Falcons, gaining 73 yards on 16 carries.

James sounded elated for safety Adrian Wilson, who had played eight seasons for the Cardinals without seeing the playoffs.

"Eight years and no playoffs? For me, that's kind of unheard of.

"All week I was talking to the guys, telling them about my first playoff game. It's something you're going to remember forever.

"For Adrian Wilson, something like this is big time."

Wilson agreed.

"For me, it's great," he said. It's probably a little too big right now. Later, I'll probably reflect back and take in the emotions of the game. It's just an emotional experience.""Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1