Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R Empty
PostSubject: Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R   Carolina players ready for three-day weekend, some R EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:33 pm

January 3
Gaston Gazette
"An excited group of Carolina Panthers left the practice field Friday anxious to begin a three-day weekend of rest and relaxation, a reward for winning the NFC South and earning a first-round bye.

By the time they return to practice on Tuesday, the coaching staff will have already created a game plan for their next opponent, to be determined on Sunday.

If Minnesota beats Philadelphia in the late game Sunday (4:30 p.m.), the Panthers will play the Vikings on Jan. 10 at Bank of America Stadium. If the Vikings lose, the Panthers will play the winner of Saturday's 4:30 p.m. game between Atlanta and Arizona.

"I thought we had some good, zippy work, so we keep our timing and everything as far as football related," Fox said of the team's three days of practice this week, which include minimal contact drills. "We got some guys, hopefully, stronger and faster during the week with some good lifts, and we got some guys that needed the rest the rest."

Fox said he encouraged players to watch the weekend games on television.

"We know it's going to be one of three opponents and we've faced all three of them - one of them twice," Fox said. "It will be good familiarity there, and we'll kind of see how the games unfold this weekend."

Fox said the coaching staff will have Saturday and Sunday off, but will return early Monday morning.

INJURY UPDATE: Fox was purposely vague on the team's injuries, refusing to put out a report for the media until he's required to do so early next week.

However, when asked if there's a reasonable chance the injured players who did not practice this week will be back next week, Fox said, "We've gotten probably a lot of good rest for them this week and we haven't pushed them too hard. They still have tomorrow and Sunday and we'll form back up on Monday. I anticipate that they'll be a lot healthier then than they are now."

INSIDE THE GAME: No matter who emerges victorious this weekend, the Panthers know they will face a team they've played earlier this year. They lost to Minnesota, split with Atlanta and beat Arizona.

"I think it is a benefit," quarterback Jake Delhomme said. "But also, whoever we'll play they'll look at it the same way. If it's Atlanta it'll be our third time playing them, Arizona our second and certainly Minnesota our second. I think it is a benefit. You have a decent idea of personnel. That's one thing I kind of enjoy."

BEHIND THE SCENES: Delhomme was asked earlier this week when he started feeling comfortable playing after coming off Tommy John surgery.

"Ill be honest with you, the third preseason game," Delhomme said. "The Washington game we played into the third quarter. And I needed to play. I needed to get hit.

"The Indianapolis game we threw the ball once maybe because we had a couple of turnovers early on. We went to Philly and we had that rainstorm and we had that delay. The Washington game, I missed a hot read early in the game and
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1