Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans Empty
PostSubject: Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans   Scaife's rise could earn raise from Titans EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:31 pm

January 3
Tennessean
"Bo Scaife knows he's in a contract year. He can't ignore it. Family, friends and teammates provide constant reminders that he could be in line for a lucrative long-term deal.

Of course they would, with the kind of season the fourth-year tight end has produced. As the Titans prepare for their AFC playoff opener next Saturday he leads them in receptions and is second in receiving yards.

His accomplishments are more impressive when it's factored in that he spends a considerable amount of time blocking in a run-first offense, that he shares playing time with veteran Alge Crumpler and that they both play in the NFL's 27th-ranked passing offense.

"We've asked a lot of him this season," quarterback Kerry Collins said of Scaife. "He's handled it … He's been our guy on third down."

Scaife knows he could have more catches in a West Coast or spread offense. He also knows wins are more important than statistics. The Titans (13-3) are the AFC's No. 1 seed.

That is why Scaife recently said he wants to stay in Nashville. He said he hopes his agent, Kevin Robinson, and the Titans continue to work on a deal that would keep him with the team that selected him in the sixth round of the 2005 draft.

"I think I fit in real good here," Scaife, 27, said. "The coaches like me, my teammates like me. I think they like my style of play, how I carry myself as a professional. I don't have any character issues. I'm low-key. … I'm just a well-rounded player and I take my job seriously. I think I'm what the league is looking for."

Scaife is playing this season under a one-year tender of $1.47 million. His rookie contract was three years for $925,000 with a signing bonus of $83,500.

"We've talked to them a little bit about an extension," Robinson said. "Obviously, Bo would love the opportunity to play for the Titans in the future. We're continuously negotiating."

Scaife caught passes this season when few other Titans were catching anything. It started in the season opener against the Jaguars when he turned what looked like a blown-up screen pass into a 44-yard gain, leading to the game-winning touchdown.

When the Titans had better chances to utilize their running game, Scaife had few catches but was a key blocker.

"He's consistently put up numbers as a receiving target," said Lake Dawson, director of pro personnel for the Titans. "His blocking has improved over the years. Each year he has gotten better."

Scaife's work habits are impressive, offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger said, and are a big reason he's been able to handle the multitasking duties of blocking for running backs Chris Johnson and LenDale White, protecting Collins in the pocket and leaving the line of scrimmage for passing routes."
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1