Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor Empty
PostSubject: Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor   Holmgren's farewell includes tears, humor EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:53 pm

December 31
Seattle Times
"Life without an alarm clock begins for Mike Holmgren this month.

He concluded 10 seasons as the Seahawks coach with his final news conference, which lasted an hour and was a vintage finale.

He was humorous, joking that he won't be fixing anything next season except for maybe a squeaky door. He was self-deprecating, referring to himself as a U.S. history teacher who got lucky. And Holmgren was emotional, tearing up as he talked about what he said to players like tackle Walter Jones and quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.

"The actual conversation was probably as short as any of them," Holmgren said. "Because there wasn't a lot that needed to be said."

And then Holmgren stopped himself, preventing his voice from cracking. He sipped from a bottle of water before answering the next question, saying that Walter Jones was the best offensive lineman he has ever seen and the best offensive player he has coached.

Holmgren made no announcements about his future other than to say he wouldn't be part of any television playoff broadcasts this weekend.

"I'm fighting a cold I had for about four months," Holmgren said.

He was asked if it would surprise him if he never coached again.

"I think it probably would because it's hard for me to think right now I can't do it anymore," Holmgren said. "But I'm going to see. I'm going to see how this works this year. And there's a chance that I won't.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1