Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me Empty
PostSubject: There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me   There's no reason for concern; that's what worries me EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:59 am

December 29
Indianapolis Star columnist Bob Kravitz
"If you're an Indianapolis Colts fan, and chance is you are, be nervous. Be nervous because there is no apparent reason to be nervous as the NFL playoffs begin Saturday against the San Diego Chargers.

Be nervous because when there are lots of reasons to be nervous about the Colts' postseason chances, when you don't think there's any way they can win without a rush defense, 2006 happens. And when there's no real reason to be nervous -- what, they'll cream Pittsburgh (2005) and San Diego (2007)! -- that's when bad things happen.

What's to be nervous about after the Colts' regular season finished Sunday with a 23-0 victory over the Tennessee Titans?

They've won nine games in a row.

They won 12 games this season, the sixth straight season they've won 12 or more, an absolutely remarkable number that requires further validation with a second Super Bowl title.

Their offense is cooking, with Peyton Manning currently playing at a level no other AFC playoff quarterback can hope to replicate. He was so efficient Sunday, he only needed one series to throw for 95 yards and go over 4,000 for a record ninth season.

"You think (Manning) intentionally took that delay of game on the first drive to move it back so he could get his yards?'' I jokingly asked Jim Sorgi, who played well in the now-annual Sorgi Bowl.

"No way,'' he said. "I know Peyton too well, and he wanted to stay out there a couple more series. With the penalty, he got it all in one shot.''

Did I mention the defense? The Colts defense basically saved this season. When Manning spent the first month and a half looking like somebody other than himself, the defense bailed out the Colts in the Houston miracle, and continued to make monster plays during the nine-game winning streak.

Let's not throw a parade over a shutout against Tennessee's backups, but it was still an impressive display from a patchwork lineup. It also helped Indy set the all-time record for fewest passing touchdowns allowed in a season at six.

And they're relatively healthy. There's a question about Gary Brackett's leg, but nothing beyond that.

What's there to be nervous about as the Colts prepare for next weekend's game against the Chargers?

Nothing.

Meaning everything.

"Why do you like this team going into the playoffs?'' Colts coach Tony Dungy was asked.

"Because we've had to do it the tough way,'' he said. "Because we've done it on the road, in close games, come from behind in a lot of games. Each game has unfolded differently and we've found ways to win. That builds a sense of camaraderie and a feeling they can get the job done. Now we're going to have the tough road (in the playoffs), but having done it before helps.''

From 3-4 to 12-4.

They've not only won on the road, but four times on that same road they've come back from double-digit halftime deficits to win.

This team is used to starting seasons at 7-0, 9-0 and 13-0 a
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1