Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns Empty
PostSubject: Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns   Williams takes over NFL lead in rushing touchdowns EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 11:31 am

December 22
Gaston Gazette
"Vinny Testaverde's career with the Carolina Panthers was brief and relatively uneventful.

But the longtime NFL quarterback left a lasting impression on running back DeAngelo Williams before he retired at the end of last season. Earlier this week Williams said a heart-to-heart talk with Testaverde last year has forever changed the course of his career.

On Sunday night, Williams responded to a Pro Bowl snub by tying his own team record with four touchdown runs Sunday night to take the NFL lead in with 20 overall, including 18 on the ground.

Williams refused to discuss the details of the talk with Testaverde, but said, "I think he's probably impacted my season the most this year because of the conversation that we had before he left. He left me with some things that I'm going to leave (Jonathan) Stew(art) with whenever it's my time to hang it up, because he's very inspirational."

Williams said the conversation was lengthy and made "perfect sense" to him.

"From the film room down just to work ethic and everything of that nature," Williams said. "He really left me with some things that really touched me and stayed on my heart, as you can tell from this season."

Williams described Testaverde as a man "full of wisdom."

"He knows a lot about football, in and out and every position," Williams said. "It started with the Arizona game and it kind of trickled down from there. After the Arizona game we started talking and then right before he was about to leave and he announced his retirement we talked for a little while. He left me with some very good information. It made me think about some things.

"After that I sat down and had a long talk with myself -- I'm not crazy to tell you -- but it made perfect sense. That's primarily the reason I'm having the season that I'm having this year. Hopefully I can carry it on to seasons to come."

IN THE LOCKER ROOM: Coach John Fox was clearly looking for some positives Sunday night after an otherwise devastating defeat.

"We're in the playoffs," Fox said. "That was a goal in the season. The team a year ago that won the Super Bowl (the Giants), it wasn't a number one seed. I don't think there's been a team taht's won it in awhile (as the first seed). That would have been something. It was something that we had as a priority, but it just wasn't meant to be.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1