Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Special teams click for Chicago Bears

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Special teams click for Chicago Bears Empty
PostSubject: Special teams click for Chicago Bears   Special teams click for Chicago Bears EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:56 am

December 23
Chicago Tribune columnist Fred Mitchell
"The Bears are onto something with their winning special teams formula.

Monday night it was the kickoff returns of Danieal Manning, the blocked field goal by Alex Brown, the punting of Brad Maynard and yet another overtime field goal by Robbie Gould to keep the Bears alive in the NFC playoff chase.

Manning averaged 29.3 yards on four kickoff returns, including a 70-yarder. Brown's block of Mason Crosby's 38-yard field-goal attempt in the final minute of regulation forced the OT. Gould booted the winner in overtime from 38 yards out for the 20-17 triumph.

"I was just fortunate enough to make that play," Brown said. "Everybody had great push on that block. It was a great play.

"This has been pretty much a playoff atmosphere for us the last few weeks. If we lose, we're out. We had to make a play. This is the season right here. And stinkin' Green Bay … they wanted to ruin it for us."

The Bears need to win at Houston on Sunday and have the Giants beat the Vikings to win the division title.

"We can't do anything about Minnesota," Brown said.

"We have to do our part. I know one thing. They're going to have to fly some 'division champ' hats down there because there's a chance. We got a chance. They should fly some down."

Gould kicked the winning field goal in overtime for the second straight game at Soldier Field.

"I don't really think about much, other than make the kick," he said. "I get all the glory, but it's not just me. It was a total team effort.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1