Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Gameday Shout Out!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Gameday Shout Out!! Empty
PostSubject: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Sup Fellas,

I'm bout to take off for B of A. Today I'll be trading in my usual spot on the couch and in the chatroom for my second favorite position, good ol section 541. I hate to miss my second straight game on here, but it's for a good reason. I bought these Denver tickets (back in the summer) for two reasons. One, I have never seen Denver play and I'm trying to go to different games each year, just to broaden my experience. Two, I had a feeling that this game could really mean something. As it turns out, it just might.

So here goes my Gameday Shout Out to all my partners at Growlersden. Thanks to GK for giving us this awesome place. Thanks to JJ6 for occasionally making his presence known. Special shout out to my usual gameday homies, jschnars and socal. I know you guys will be going nuts waiting on the late kickoff. Makes for a long day. Sorry I can't name all of you. I'm just glad that the gameday crowd is continuing to grow on here.

I hope I get to sing "Sweet Caroline" again today.

love, peace and axle grease,

Dkes

GO PANTHERS!!!! WooooooooooooHooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Go make some Noize Bro!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
jschnars

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:01 pm

GET LOUD! And good game to go to, I would have if I could. I'm going to save my money assuming we have a home playoff game.
Back to top Go down
socalpanther

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Hey thanks for the shout out Dkes!!! All of you locals should consider yourselves fortunate to be able to go to a game!! Hopefully the Panthers will come west next year so I can go!! Have a GREAT time and I'll catch you next week here in the den!! GO PANTHERS!!!
Back to top Go down
jschnars

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:54 am

You picked a good game to go to.
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 am

How bout that. Man it was great. It was a nice solid victory. I know it was probably hard to see on TV, but the secondary did an outstanding job with coverage. Looks like they're getting their swagga back. At the right time too. This Giants game will be effin' huge!!!
Back to top Go down
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:17 am

So did you have a great time or what?
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com
jschnars

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 am

Dkes wrote:
How bout that. Man it was great. It was a nice solid victory. I know it was probably hard to see on TV, but the secondary did an outstanding job with coverage. Looks like they're getting their swagga back. At the right time too. This Giants game will be effin' huge!!!

Yeah, we couldn't see the great coverage on TV, but I figured it had to be pretty good because we were one of the only teams to sack Cutler this year. That first drive really scared me, but after that we took care of business.
Back to top Go down
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:05 am

G Killette wrote:
So did you have a great time or what?

Yeah it was awesome. I got there a couple of hours early. I went to my favorite vendor on Morehead St. and got an Italian Sausage Sandwich with peppers, onion, and brown mustard. Chased it down with a Sundrop. This is pretty much my ritual at the game. After that, I strolled down to the ADT Doghouse at Mint and Morehead. They had the ATL/TB game on about 3 TVs and the JETS/BILLS game on the other half. There was a groovy little jazz/southern funk band playing out back. We hung out there for about an hour and then headed into the stadium. Once we made the trek up to the upper bowl, I tracked down some good beer. This time I had a wheat beer called "RED,Wheat and BLUE" on draft. Pretty darn good. Kinda like a Linenkugel's. Usually I drink Newcastle at the stadium but I was due for a change. Next, I packed away some Nachos and Bojangles chicken strips and settled in. They showed a feed (satellite I guess) that would bounce back and forth to games all around the league on the new big screens. Pretty cool. They were showing the ATL game down on a bunch of little flat screens down in the main concourse. The stands were pretty empty at kickoff cause most of us were watching the OT of ATL/TB.

There were a lot more Denver fans than I expected. I mean, there always a lot of visiting team fans at Bank of America, but I thought that Denver would not be well represented. Boy was I wrong. Weird too. A lot of them were locals. One particularly obnoxious drunk guy(Bronco fan) sat near me and would not shut up. He talked smack like a Cowboys fan. He had his faced all painted up in Bronco colors (kinda like the Joker in the new Batman movie). I told my friend that he must be an "ass clown". I'm pretty sure the filter changed that....you know what I really said.

After Denver scored first I knew it was gonna be a long day. butt clown got in my face a little with his smack talking. I told my friend that I was gonna stay cool till the right time. When we were up 17 and this d-bag was still going on about how we wouldn't even make the playoffs. I retorted back with my favorite rebuttal. "Hey loser........SCOREBOARD!!" This brought him under a heavy barrage of kids and little old ladies chanting at him "scoreboard, scoreboard, scoreboard" He looked like he was gonna cry. The moral of this story.....patience is a virtue. OR he who laughs last, laughs best. Whatever, you get the point. I'll give it up to him though. He stayed the entire game.....and talked smack the whole time. He was annoying, but at least he was a good fan.

Overall, the panther fans were pretty good. We weren't as rowdy as it seemed we were on MNF. We were even a little more reserved than we were when I went to the home opener against CHI. I think we were all a little stunned that Denver would keep putting 8 in the box and not cover Smitty. It was unbelievable. It got to where you could clearly see when we were going to go to Smith, cause the defense was leaving him unaccounted for. Just good coaching (on Fox's part) I guess. Well, you guys saw the game. No reason to recount that.

Anyway, yeah I had a great time.

Man it would be awesome if we could all make one together sometime. Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameday Shout Out!!   Gameday Shout Out!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameday Shout Out!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Growlers Den :: The Lounge :: Random Discussion-
Jump to: