Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Wilfork is unquestionable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Wilfork is unquestionable Empty
PostSubject: Wilfork is unquestionable   Wilfork is unquestionable EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:04 pm

December 12
Boston Globe
"You can remove the question mark attached to nose tackle Vince Wilfork's status for Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders. Wilfork, who left last Sunday's game against Seattle after injuring his shoulder on the Patriots' first defensive series, said he's playing.

"Oh yeah, no question," Wilfork said yesterday. "I'm ready for Sunday."

Wilfork practiced with the team for the second straight day at San Jose State University and was again listed as having limited participation. But he left no doubt about his status.

"I don't expect nothing other than a pretty healthy game for me," said Wilfork. "I feel a lot better, a lot better. I'm happy to be back on the field, and hopefully it will show."

Although Wilfork was adamant he will play, it's still possible he will be limited. He said he couldn't move his arm last Sunday and said if he had returned he would have been "useless."

He also acknowledged that the shoulder is still sore, but was comforted that tests came back OK.

"I love the game, and if I can run and use my hands, I can play in the game," said Wilfork. "I can do that. I don't know how well I can. I'll find out on Sunday, but I can do that. I felt good practicing [on Wednesday]. Hopefully, it will get better over time. We have a couple of days here to go. You just have to be smart and just get ready."

Although the Raiders are offensively inept (13.8 points per game, 30th in the NFL), one of the few things they do well is run the football. Oakland is 10th in the NFL in rushing offense at 118.5 yards per game.

Getting Wilfork back would be a boost to the injury-depleted defense, as would end Ty Warren, who has missed the last two games and three of the last four with a groin injury. Warren was a limited practice participant for the second straight day.

"I think any time a defensive line could get those two guys back it's going to make the defense better," said linebacker Mike Vrabel, who had limited participation in practice because of a neck injury.

Inside out

Perhaps no Patriots player misses linebacker Tedy Bruschi more than rookie inside linebacker Jerod Mayo, who played next to Bruschi in the team's base 3-4 defense.

Bruschi, who injured his left knee last Sunday, was sent to Boston for tests and is not with the team.

"Ever since I came in the first day, Tedy has taken me under his wing and showed me the ropes and I do miss him," said Mayo. "He's like an older brother to me.""
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Growlers Den :: The NFL :: NFL News-
Jump to: