Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dkes
Admin
Dkes

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-18

The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. Empty
PostSubject: The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal.   The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:11 am

I for one am getting tired of this non-story. I'm sure you all are too. At CarolinaGrowl.com we've been having a lot of fun with it and we should. Many of us, including myself, have stated that we were using the Smash and Dash nickname long before the Titans were. Unfortunately, the available facts don't back that up. Some posts at the Growl have been removed by the administrators, so we have no idea what information was contained therein. Of the remaining posts, I have searched all posts dating back to the draft, filtering for the word "Smash". Here's what I found.

On (or about) September 17th, JJ6 used the name "Flash and Smash". At a later date, JJ6 also used the term "Slash and Smash". On September 17th, McGribble used the name "Smash and Gash". On October 6th, McGribble unveiled his "Smash and Gash" T-shirt design. On October 19th, the Titans began using "Smash and Dash". As a result, a thread was posted on October 27th, to rename the Panthers duo. Many options were given, none resulted in a consensus. On November 9th, during the Oakland game, the TV broadcasters stated that Deangelo had termed the duo "Smash and Dash". Shortly thereafter, McGribble redesigned the T-shirt design to reflect the "Smash and Dash" name. Since that time, Panther fans have unilaterally adopted the name. Much to my disappointment, it seems that ol "chicken and waffles" over there in Tennessee had the name first. ( I would also like to recommend that Lendale consider "macaroni and cheese", "lard and @##", "scattered, smothered and covered", "fried banana sandwich", "mustard, chili, slaw and onions", "krispy and kreme" and "cheese and rice".)

I will also post this info. at the CarolinaGrowl and encourage anyone to correct me if I'm wrong. I know many have contended (including myself) that we have been using the nickname prior to OTA's. I can find no evidence to support that. If I do, I promise I will send the evidence to football world. Until then, I personally would like to apologize to TNTitan for misrepresenting the facts in my response to his/her post.

Now........let's play some football and call these guys whatever the heck they want to be called. Bunch of childish nonsense if you ask me

Last edited by Dkes on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jschnars

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-18

The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal.   The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm

You should send this in to ESPN or White's email.
Back to top Go down

The Facts regarding the "Smash and Dash" scandal.
Page 1 of 1