Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
June 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans Empty
PostSubject: Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans   Panthers duo isn't a fantasy for some fans EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 10:20 am

By Charles Chandler
cchandler@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Sunday, Nov. 23, 2008

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/panthers/story/371424.html

Carolina Panthers (34) running back DeAngelo Williams glances down the bench as he and running back (28) Jonathan Stewart rest on the bench following Williams' touchdown run during second quarter action Sunday vs the Detroit Lions at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC. The Panthers defeated the Lions 31-22. JEFF SINER - jsiner@charlotteobserver.com

To purchase this photo | Browse our storeThe NFL's recent trend of having multiple running backs share a team's rushing attempts has not been a popular development for millions of fantasy football participants around the country.

Because of the trend, there are fewer backs who can be relied upon to put up consistent stats from week to week, causing fantasy owners to fret while they weigh the risk of playing a part-time back vs. the potential reward.

For example, it's difficult to predict which Carolina back, DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart, is going to have a good game on a given week. Last week, they both ran for more than 100 yards and scored touchdowns, but there have been weeks when one or the other compiled minimal statistics.

Williams doesn't concern himself with such issues, however.

Here's what he had to say about it this week:

“We get people all the time, these fantasy guys, talking about, `I need you to do this, I need you to do that.' They really get serious about it. I don't understand that. I don't care to understand that until I'm old and gray in the face. We don't worry about that at all.

“No matter (what) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday night quarterbacks (say), they don't step between those lines.

“I mean, we don't know how many yards we're going to have. We don't know how many touchdowns we're going to have. We don't know how many blocks we're going to have or anything. Each game takes a face of its own. One game, (Stewart will) do good. One game, I'll do good. One game, maybe both of us will. One game, maybe we'll both do bad. We just give it our all and keep playing.”
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1