Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
June 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Stallworth linked to past woes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Stallworth linked to past woes Empty
PostSubject: Stallworth linked to past woes   Stallworth linked to past woes EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:02 pm

April 3
Cleveland Plain Dealer

Browns receiver Donté Stallworth was already in the NFL's substance-abuse program before being charged with DUI manslaughter, according to a report, meaning he most likely would face stiffer sanctions from the NFL if convicted.

In March 2007, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported that Stallworth was a participant in the league's substance-abuse program and faced a suspension if he violated the conditions again. Asked about the report a week later when he signed with the Patriots, Stallworth told the Associated Press, "All that stuff is in the past. There was a situation a couple years ago. There's nothing now that's going on that will affect me preparing for helping this team."

Stallworth, 28, surrendered in a Miami courtroom Thursday morning on the DUI manslaughter charges in connection with the death of pedestrian Mario Reyes, 59.

He made a brief appearance in front of Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Dennis J. Murphy before being led away in handcuffs for booking. He was released a few hours later on $200,000 bail.

Holding his mother, Donna's, hand outside Miami-Dade County Jail around noon, Stallworth told assembled media, "I just want to extend my condolences to the Reyes family. My prayers are with them. I have full confidence and faith in the legal process."

The Inquirer report from 2007 did not specify why Stallworth was entered into the NFL's substance-abuse program or what stage he was in.

A player in Stage Two faces at least a four-game suspension if he violates conditions of his program. A player in Stage Three faces a one-year suspension. Players in Stage Two can rotate out of the program after two years if they've been compliant, but any prior history of substance abuse is a factor in determining NFL fines and suspensions
Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1