Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
"So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

"So I killed Somebody...."

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

"So I killed Somebody...." Empty
PostSubject: "So I killed Somebody...."   "So I killed Somebody...." EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Sucuzhanay hate crime suspect Keith Pheonix nabbed in Yonkers
BY Alison Gendar And Scott Shifrel
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

When murder suspect Keith Phoenix confessed to the hate crime slaying of Jose Sucuzhanay, his shocking first words to cops were: "So I killed somebody - that makes me a bad guy?"
Phoenix give a full confession - but showed no guilt - for the deadly beating he and his pal gave Sucuzhanay, 31, mistakenly thinking the immigrant was gay because he was walking arm-in-arm with his brother Dec. 7.

Phoenix was caught on surveillance video laughing just 19 minutes after the murder.

Phoenix's partner in the crime, Hakim Scott, 25, was caught earlier this week and expressed some remorse, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

"He felt bad and was glad to finally get it off his chest," Kelly said.

But the 28-year-old Phoenix, who continued to wielded the bat even as Sucuzhanay lay twitching on the ground, felt no guilt, police said.

"No remorse whatsoever," Kelly said.

Sucuzhanay's relatives said they were relieved by the arrests.

"The cops just called and told me they caught the second man," said the victim's younger brother, Diego Sucuzhanay. "He is the one who was the real attacker - who beat my brother with the bat.

"I saw the video of him, laughing. It is a great relief to know this person is behind bars because he would continue to commit crimes. Now there will be no more victims."

Phoenix was hiding in the Yonkers apartment of a woman who had once run a group home where Phoenix's girlfriend lived.

NYPD detectives - as many as 30 from Brooklyn North, Hate Crimes Task Force, and the NYPD's Bronx apprehension unit - had been working the case since a taxi driver jotted down a license plate of the fleeing attackers' SUV.

Investigators staked out Phoenix's friends and family across the Bronx, Manhattan and Connecticut.

One of these stakeouts paid off when someone told cops Phoenix may be holed up in the Yonkers apartment.

Phoenix, an unemployed ex-con, had spent much of the time since the murder playing video games, police sources said.

"We have to be on guard. We can not stay silent when people are attacked because of their sexual orientation or their race, their gender or whatever it is," said Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes.

"Clearly, these young men were attacked because these people, these cretins, thought they were gay and it makes it no less despicable that they weren't gay."

Link
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

"So I killed Somebody...."
Page 1 of 1