Growlers Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growlers Den

Carolina Panthers Football

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» CALLING ALL PANTHER FANS
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm by JohnDeezy89

» IT's Alive!!!!
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm by JohnDeezy89

» SAINTS: Ten things to look for when New Orleans Saints minicamp begins next weekend
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 am by PanthersRowell

» Colt Freaks - site for Colts fans
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am by PanthersRowell

» The Sports Zone
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am by PanthersRowell

» My article: Defensive Tackles
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am by PanthersRowell

» Hi Everybody!
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am by PanthersRowell

» Panthers add Newton (sore shoulder) to injury report as probable
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm by RayRay

» As Panthers' Smith climbs, Titans' Johnson keeps falling
Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm by RayRay

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Cole takes center stage in offseason

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Killette
Admin
G Killette

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Cole takes center stage in offseason Empty
PostSubject: Cole takes center stage in offseason   Cole takes center stage in offseason EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 9:28 am

February 25
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

"The answer drew a few chuckles - not only from the questioner, but also from Colin Cole's nearby teammates.

As the 2008 NFL season wound down, Cole was asked about his future. The Green Bay Packer defensive lineman and soon-to-be free agent had this to say.

"I think (general manager) Ted (Thompson) likes me. I think he likes me a lot," Cole said. "And to be honest with you, I don't care if I'm talked about anywhere except for that circle upstairs. That's the only circle that really matters."

Free agency begins Friday, and it's an extremely light year for the Packers.

In addition to Cole, defensive end Mike Montgomery and right tackle Mark Tauscher are the lone unrestricted free agents. And Cole may be right, as it appears he's the player Green Bay would like to sign first.

The 6-foot-1, 330-pound Cole was one of the Packers' most consistent defensive linemen in 2008. And Green Bay believes Cole can play nose tackle, and even some defensive end, in their new 3-4 scheme.

Cole, who turns 29 in June, played last season for $1.4 million, the highest figure of his five years in Green Bay. This will be his best and perhaps last chance at a bigger contract, so Cole may very well want to test the market.

Cole is coming off his best season in Green Bay. Cole played in all 16 games and set career-highs in quarterback pressures (11½) and passes defensed (four).

"Do I love Colin Cole? Well, not in an emotional sense," Thompson said. "But I like Colin quite a bit. He's a very good person, he's a good teammate and a little bit of an underrated player."

Tauscher's value is tougher to calculate."
[url=Cole takes center stage in offseason ]Link[/url]
Back to top Go down
https://growlersden.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1